A Romantic Dinner Setting
March 1, 2018
My husband and I love to host dinner parties! As such, it’s important to be able to create an inviting environment for the occasion. In this case, we really wanted to create a fun, yet romantic, vibe for a couple’s date night in with my sister and brother-in-law. I’ve outlined what I believe are the essentials to a romantic dinner party setting: the wine glasses (as a way to fully enjoy your wine), the place settings, and the additional accents.
The Perfect Wine Glass
There is no contest that Riedel wine glasses are the top of the top when it comes to actually getting everything out of your wine – from getting the perfect whiff to allowing the wine to breathe. They offer varietal specific glasses that allow you to extract the most out of a specific type of wine. Also just the feel of the glass elevates your wine experience to the next level. Here are the ones we love for reds.
The Perfect Place Settings
- Plates: As I’ve mentioned in a previous post, I love this collection from Crate & Barrel. We dress it up or down depending on the occasion, but the pop of blue is elegant yet fun and not too formal (since we aren’t a very formal couple in general)!
- Silverware: We have this silverware that we absolutely love. We even put it in the dishwasher on a daily basis and it still looks as good as new! We also have a couple of these 3 piece serving sets. I also love this copper silverware and this rose gold silverware.
- Placemats: Okay, so I legitimately think that placemats are the hardest thing to find. We have these in white and absolutely love them – they don’t shrink in the wash, or very little when my husband messes up the laundry, but we do hang dry and iron them. We also have these, but they are linen and much harder to upkeep (given that too much ironing and maintenance is hard to combine with the mom life).
The Perfect Accents
- White Branches: These are ON SALE for only $7 at West Elm (marked down from $29). I personally think they’re great year around but are most certainly worth the purchase for the next holiday season if you prefer them for winter time! They’re super easy to flip them on / off and you can even bend the branches to shape them how you want.
- Candle Holders: These candle holders were passed down from my mom, but I think there are so many options that could look great. I like these simple and modern brass ones. I think the set of three would also look great as a centerpiece with the differing heights or look great as a set of 6 with 3 on each side of the centerpiece. It all depends on how fancy you want to go! If you already have candle holders, I highly recommend getting these bobeches (yeah, that’s the word for them) to keep the wax from spilling on your linens or table!
- Wreath: Unfortunately, this wreath doesn’t appear to be available anymore. But really I think any cute wreath works as long as you can evenly set it down on the table. The fun part is that I used these LED string lights (which are currently on a huge sale for only $12) and placed them all around the wreath so that it lights up – between the branches, the candles, and these, lights, the romantic mood is definitely beautifully set.